Monday, 13 February 2017

Cover Spotlight Monday: Waking in Time by Angie Stanton

Today's cover spotlight Monday features a book I received sometime before Christmas and which, though I've not yet managed to crack the pages, I'm truly excited and interested to read. Big thanks to Curious Fox books and Georgia Lawe for the gorgeous ARC.

Still mourning the loss of her beloved grandmother and shaken by her mysterious, dying request to "find the baby," Abbi has just arrived at UW Madison for her freshman year. But on her second day, she wakes up to a different world: 1983. That is just the first stop on Abbi's journey backward through time. Will is a charming college freshman from 1927 who travels forward through time. When Abbi and Will meet in the middle, love adds another complication to their lives. Communicating across time through a buried time capsule, they try to decode the mystery of their travel, find the lost baby, and plead with their champion, a kindly physics professor, to help them find each other again... even though the professor gets younger each time Abbi meets him. This page-turning story full of romance, twists, and delightful details about campus life then and now will stay with readers long after the book's satisfying end.


I absolutely adore this final cover which Georgia has allowed me to share with you all. I think it's truly stunning.

For one it is very evocative of the story, in which Abbi seems to fall through time in the blink of an eye as she sleeps. The bronze clock replacing the iris on the cover seems to speak volumes of Abbi's predicament; that between one blink and the next she could find herself falling even further through time, and it honestly makes me even more excited to read it and experience the adventure for myself.

I love the cover text colour also, the bronze matching the timepiece, but I specifically love the Waking in Time font and colour. The font seems evocative of slipping through time with its strong curves, and also of gently falling to sleep. The colours also remind me of those seen in space from pictures taken by the Hubble telescope and such, and so speak to a whole new universe almost opening up within the pages of the book, for the characters and also for us the readers.

I honestly think that so much time and effort has gone into this masterpiece cover and it really does deserve some love, and some spotlight, so I really do hope you love it as much as I.

As always, do feel free to leave a comment below or @ me on Twitter, and thanks for reading.

Holly @The_Arts_Shelf


No comments:

Post a Comment