Sunday, 5 February 2017

10 Best Books of 2016

A little late but here nonetheless. Once again it's the end of one year and the start of a new one, and with that comes the best books I have read in those 365 days. I hope you enjoy reading my thoughts about them.

1) The Sleeping Prince by Melinda Salisbury

You all know (or should do by now) how much I love Mel's books, so I don't think I need to say much more on this one, do I? If I do, then it is that this book was amazing in so many ways. Perfect character development, darkly entertaining with twists and turns that took my breath away. An absolute joy.

2) The Blood for Blood trilogy by Catherine Doyle

Technically this is three books but I did read them all in 2016 (Mafiosa in December) and it is a series I absolutely adore. Mafia, hot brothers, plus romance and a love triangle. Yes please. Team Gino!

3) Lois Lane: Fallout (1) and Double Down (2)

I love Lois and I love this series of books. Lois plus high school is just perfect. I cannot wait for book 3.

4) Children of Icarus by Caighlan Smith

Dystopian fantasy, mythology, and kick-ass female characters. A truly wonderful debut.

5) A Gathering of Shadows by V. E. Schwab

I'm enamoured with this series and am anxiously counting down the days until A Conjuring of Light is in my hands!

6) The Girl of Ink and Stars by Kiran Millwood Hargrave

I read this book quite early in 2016 and it has stuck with me since. I can't wait for her next book, The Island at the End of Everything.

7) Flamecaster by Cinda Williams Chima

The first book in this series and I'm desperate for more.

8) RoseBlood by A. G. Howard

This book was everything I wanted it to be and more. I adore Phantom, and I adored this retelling.

9) A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess

I bought this book on recommendation from a friend, and I absolutely adored it. I love Magnus and Blackthorn, and cannot wait for book two.

10) Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Another one that was recommended to me which I loved. I haven't read Crooked Kingdom yet, but I cannot wait to.


What were your top 10 books of 2016? Do feel free to let me know in the comments below, or on Twitter, and as always thank you for reading.

Holly @The_Arts_Shelf


No comments:

Post a Comment